Remembering the Holocaust
- Grades: 6–8
- Use brainstorming techniques
- Organize information
- Integrate and use information
- Read for literacy experience
- Participate in a literature circle
- Read a non-fiction book
- Learn about the Holocaust
- Complete KWL chart.
- Use problem-solving skills to determine a mathematical method of graphically representing the number six million.
- Conduct research to find an appropriate solution to their mathematical question.
- Create a graphic presentation to illustrate the results of their research.
Lesson Plans for this Unit
Students will create a time line showing some of the contributing events that occurred before, during the Holocaust, and events that happened afterward as a result of the Holocaust. The time line will feature photos, maps, and statistics of the Holocaust.
Timeline of the Holocaust
Invite parents to view the students work on their timeline.
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
Offers indispensable overviews, teaching advice, and resources.