"Old Lady" Resources
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5, 6–8
- There Was a Cold Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow! by Lucille Colandro, illustrated by Jared Lee (Scholastic, 2003). What will happen when a cold lady decides to swallow snow, a hat, and some coal?
- There Was a Bold Lady Who Wanted a Star, by Charise Mericle Harper (Little Brown, 2002). Nothing's stopping this charming bold lady, who doesn't let anything get in the way of her dream.
- I Know a Shy Fellow Who Swallowed a Cello, by Barbara S. Garriel, illustrated by John O'Brien (Boyds Mills, 2004). In this symphonic take, our bashful hero munches his way through an orchestra!
- I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie, by Allison Jackson (Penguin, 1997). Jackson's yummy version of the story is perfect for Thanksgiving reading.
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Trout! by Teri Sloat (Henry Holt, 2002). Native American-inspired illustrations are the backdrop for this oceanic feast.