Liberty and Justice for All
By Tracey Roudez
- Grades: 1–2
Students explore significant events of the Civil Rights Movement during the late 1950's and discover why everyone deserves to be treated respectfully and fairly.
- Explore details of the Civil Rights Movement
- Research and discuss significant historical figures and events of the Civil Rights Movement
- Sequence these significant events in a timeline
- Discuss the importance of appreciating individual differences
- Learn two new vocabulary terms: segregation and supremacy
Lesson Plans for this Unit
Allow students to visit other classrooms to share their timelines while reading their paragraphs about the Civil Rights Movement.