Jamberry Extension Activities
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2
“One berry, two berry, pick me a blueberry. Hatberry, shoeberry in my canoeberry.”
This classic story is a favorite in many primary classrooms. You'll easily discover the beat and, if you look closely, you'll notice some foreshadowing as several of the upcoming animals visit the page prior to their description in the text.
- Have a discussion about invented “berry” words and rhyming words.
- Use this book to talk about invented compound words.
- Have a cooking lesson and make blueberry cobbler.
- Compile favorite blueberry recipes into a class “Jamberry Cookbook."
- Write stories about summertime adventures.
The possibilities for extending learning with this book are endless!