Home Sweet Home
- Grades: 1–2
- Unit Plan:
- Explore the materials that return with their Travel Pal
- Complete a final project/presentation of their choice
Basic art materials
After having time to explore the returned scrapbooks, students will choose one of the following ideas to present a final project:
- Create a brochure about a favorite state or landmark
- Write and illustrate a class book about your Pals adventures
- Write a diary from the point of view of the Travel Pal
- Create an art project replicating a famous landmark or state
- Create a map of the United States
- Write a poem or song about your favorite state
- Create an infomercial about your favorite state
- Create a power point about your favorite state
Supporting All Learners
All students are able to participate in projects that challenge their own level of learning because there are so many options to respond to what is being learned; oral discussion, writing, art, educational programming, media interaction and more.
Students complete several geography activities throughout each week by using games, puzzles, books and maps set out for use in the USA Center or by accessing geography games on the Internet such as Scholastic's Puzzled States.
Travel Pal Hallway Display was kept current.
Books were read throughout the project that correlated with different activities.
Student can take a Travel Pal and the corresponding scrapbook home with them to share with their family.
Review Travel Pal Interactive Notebook.