Getting Down to Business
- Grades: 9–12
- Create a brochure about themselves and share with class.
- Be assessed in reading and writing for baseline data and instructional decisions.
- Review success strategies for content classes.
- Learn the routines of the READ 180 classroom
- Make class commitments to create the ideal classroom environment.
Lesson Plans for this Unit
Lesson 1: A Great Beginning
Lesson 2: READ 180 Routine Assessment
After brainstorming ideas, students write a description of their ideal classroom and share their commitments to make this class ideal. We include anti-bullying information and expectations of the school, as well as my expectations, to create a display of the classroom climate we agree to maintain.