Frog and Toad Together Extension Activities
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2
About this book
Try this extension activity for Frog and Toad Together, by Arnold Lobel.
- Collect data
- Simple nonfiction books about frogs and toads
- Chart paper
Visual literacy — Children investigate frogs and toads and make charts to show what they learned.
CONNECT TO THE ANTHOLOGY
Point out to children that although Frog and Toad look very similar, they are different animals, just as real frogs and toads are different animals.
MAKE NEW DISCOVERIES
- Show children how to find information about frogs and toads in the books.
- Have one partner find information about frogs; the other partner can look for information about toads.
- Encourage children to write or dictate a chart such as the one below about frogs and toads.
- When the chart is complete, have partners compare the animals.
HOW TO ASSESS
Were children able to collect and convey information about frogs and toads?
- live in water and on land
- lay eggs
- moist skin
- live on land
- lay eggs
- dry, warty skin