Fish Is Fish Discussion Guide
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
About this book
Grade Level Equivalent: 3.3
Lexile Measure: 690L
Guided Reading Level: L
Age: Age 6, Age 7, Age 5
Genre: General Fiction
Subject: Changes and New Experiences, Friends and Friendship
Talk About the Story
Reading · Language Arts
Help children focus on the similarities, differences, and friendship between the fish and the frog. Ask:
- How were the fish and the frog alike at the beginning of the story?
- In what ways did they become different from each other as they grew?
- How did the fish feel when he heard about the many things the frog had seen?
- What happened to the fish when he jumped out of the water? What did he learn from this?
- Was the frog a good friend to the fish? Why do you think that?