Fish Is Fish Discussion Guide
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
Talk About the Story
Reading · Language Arts
Help children focus on the similarities, differences, and friendship between the fish and the frog. Ask:
- How were the fish and the frog alike at the beginning of the story?
- In what ways did they become different from each other as they grew?
- How did the fish feel when he heard about the many things the frog had seen?
- What happened to the fish when he jumped out of the water? What did he learn from this?
- Was the frog a good friend to the fish? Why do you think that?