Discussion Questions for Loot by Jude Watson
- Grades: 3–5, 6–8
About the Book
Losers, Weepers. Stealers, Keepers. Twins March and Jules know their father’s cat burglar business inside and out. When they’re left all alone, can they pull off the ultimate heist and live the life of riches that most kids only dream about?
- March and Jules are twins, but they grew up separately. How do you think their lives were similar? How were they different?
- If you had to put together a getaway bag, what would you pack in it? Why?
- Would you rather be an apprentice to Blue or Alfie? Why?
- Jules and March traveled to many places. What new place would you like to visit?
- Why do you think Izzy, Darius, March, and Jules form such a strong bond? What things have you bonded over with your good friends?
- Alfie always said, “If you’re going to do something, don’t do it stupid.” What do you think he meant by this? Is this good advice?
- Alfie warns against doing a job for revenge. Why might revenge jobs be a bad idea?
- If you were Alfie, would you have separated March and Jules? Why or why not?
- March learned many things from his father. Who do you learn the most from in your life?
- March knows how to navigate airports and train stations, but does not know how to do normal things like follow rules and sit in a classroom. What do you see as the advantages and disadvantages to March’s life on the go?
Oct 21, 2014