Different Ways We Celebrate
Students explore the concept of tradition by using graphic organizers and responding to writing prompts about holiday customs.
By Tracey Roudez
- Grades: 1–2, 3–5
In this unit, my students continue to explore the world outside their homes and neighborhoods as they study a variety of ways that other families celebrate the holidays.
- Read and recite facts about customs from the Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa holidays
- Compare and contrast these holiday celebrations using a graphic organizer
- Write a five-sentence paragraph about one of the three holidays
- Recall the months of the year
- Learn the components of a calendar
- Apply their learning about holiday customs to consider their own favorite holiday and family traditions
- Draw a variety of symbols that represent their favorite holiday
- Learn the term "tradition"
Lesson Plans for this Unit
Dec 31, 1969