Creative Writing in the Math Classroom
- Grades: 6–8
- Explore cause and effect in relation to gas prices.
- Analyze information on a Pie Chart.
- Working within defined parameters; develop a budget for a trip.
- Estimate distances and costs.
- Substantiate appropriate methods of calculations.
- Create an appropriate constructed response.
Lesson Plans for this Unit
Lesson 1: Interpreting Pie Charts
Lesson 2: Budgeting for a Trip
Lesson 3: Writing Constructed Responses
Design a travel brochure showcasing your itinerary. These can feature real photos, prices, maps, charts. Display these after they have been presented to the class.