Clifford Phonics Fun Unit Plan
Students enhance their reading vocabulary by building storybooks and connecting sounds to letters.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2
Early readers practice important phonemic awareness and phonics skills as they actively listen to words read aloud and select which words to include in their Clifford Interactive Storybooks. The online activities provide meaningful learning experiences that engage students in building storybooks, and together with these lessons, help students connect sounds to letters and enhance their reading vocabulary.
- Develop phonemic awareness skills
- Recognize consonant sound-spellings
- Distinguish easily confused letter pairs
- Recognize common short and long vowel sound-spellings
- Read stories containing high-frequency words
- Interact with the computer to create new text
- Understand that changing one word in a sentence can change the meaning of the entire sentence
Lesson Plans for this Unit
Lesson 1: Beginning Consonant Sounds
Lesson 3: Short Vowels
Lesson 4: Long Vowels Lesson Plan