Learning About Dinosaurs
This unit incorporates science, math, literature, poetry, and the arts to teach students about dinosaurs.
- Grades: PreK–K
We learn about dinosaurs through literature, poetry, science, math, art, drama, and movement. Students will discover the characteristics of many kinds of dinosaurs. What they ate, fossils, the environment in which they lived, and how they became extinct. Students will learn about the people who study dinosaurs and the techniques they use to find information. We will be surprised by the kinds of plants that lived then and those that are alive today.
- Categorize dinosaurs into meat eaters and plant eaters
- Categorize dinosaurs by where they lived (water, land, air)
- Define fossils and describe their value to paleontologists
- Describe the job of a paleontologist
- Identify at least 10 kinds of dinosaurs
Lesson Plans for this Unit
Lesson 1: Dinosaur Skeletons