Chrysanthemum Extension Activities
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2
About this book
GIFTED & TALENTED
· Challenge children to list as many names as they can. Have them list the names in two columns: Short Names and Long Names. Then invite them to choose their favorite name from each list. Discuss why they like each name.
DICTATE A MESSAGE
Ask children to remember how miserable Chrysanthemum felt after school.
- Talk together about times that children have tried to make someone feel better.
- Then invite children to make Chrysanthemum feel better by writing her a message.
- Have children dictate messages. Point to each word as you read the messages again with children.
- Encourage children to decorate their messages with stickers and pictures.