Christmas Trolls Lesson Plan
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2
About this book
I use Christmas Trolls for a Jan Brett author study. I also use it when we study about Norway. My students love the illustrations in Jan Brett books. They also like the story in the border of each page.
Students read a wide range of print and non-print texts to build an understanding of texts, of themselves, and of the cultures of the United States and the world; to acquire new information; and for personal fulfillment.
- Christmas Trolls by Jan Brett
Set Up and Prepare
Tell the students that you are going to read the words on a page then give them a chance to discuss the illustrations and notice the details.
- Be sure to have the students talk about the story that is happening at the side of each page.
- Allow time for the students to notice the details in the illustrations on each page.
- Have the students predict what will happen next in the story.
- The students can compare Christmas Trolls to Trouble with Trolls.
- Visit Jan Brett's website for more Christmas Trolls activities and coloring pages.
- Discuss the behaviors of the trolls.
- How did Treva help the trolls?