Use this reproducible template to create some spooky decorations for your classroom.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2
- Oak tag
- 9" x 11" white construction paper
- Crayons, pens, markers, or colored pencils
- Pattern for Bottled Monsters (PDF)
- If you want your students to create their bottled monsters on construction paper, make various bottle-shaped templates from oak tag before class for the students to trace. Otherwise, print one copy of the Pattern for Bottled Monsters (PDF) for each student.
- If necessary, have your students trace the oak-tag bottle shapes onto white construction paper.
- Have your students draw their monsters inside the bottle shape in pencil. Encourage your students to fill the bottles as completely as possible.
- Hand out the crayons, pens, markers, or colored pencils, and have the students color their bottled monsters.
- To display the monsters in your classroom, stack the bottles or arrange them along a chalkboard ledge.
Aug 09, 2011