Air and Weather
- Grades: 1–2
Students chart weather conditions, learn how to determine an average temperature, and build fly gliders to observe the effects of wind.
- Observe and record weather conditions
- Learn how to determine a mean/average number
- Calculate the average weather temperature over a 5-day period
- Follow step-by-step directions to construct fly gliders
- Make predictions
- Observe how wind and weight influence the ability to fly
Lesson Plans for this Unit
Students use the Internet to chart rainfall totals in their area over a weeklong period and use this information to determine the mean rainfall total.