I found a number of classic and contemporary children's books to discuss bullying.
Using Literature to discuss the issue of bullying:
• Read the story, the Ugly Duckling to start a discussion on bullying. http://www.best-childrens-books.com/the-ugly-duckling.html
• Another story to read is Goose Girl by the Brothers Grimm. Find the story
at this link: http://www.best-childrens-books.com/the-goose-girl.html
• Still another story is Cinderella.Find the story online at this link:http://www.togetherweteach.com/TWT%20Reading%20Room/PCIND/PCIND01.HTM
There are also many contemporary books that deal with bullying. Here is a small sampling for elementary and middle school student.
• The Berenstain Bears and the Bully by Stan Berenstain
• Blubber by Judy Blume
• The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes
• Thank you, Mr. Falker by Patricia Polacco
• Bullies Are a Pain in the Brain by Trevor Romain and Elizabeth Vedick.
• The Bully from the Black Lagoon by Mike Thaler with Jared Lee.
• My Secret Bully by Trudy Ludwig
• Roxie and the Hooligans by Phillis Reynolds Naylor
Find more books on bullying and read summaries at this link:
Read and listen to a short story about bullying online at this link:
Hope you find these resources of help....
Sign up today for free teaching ideas, lesson plans, online activities, tips for your classroom, and much more.
Choose your grade range:
See a sample >