Grades 3 - 5
Grade level Equivalent: 6.6
Lexile® Measure: IG820L
Guided Reading: R
- Changes and New Experiences
- Early Exploration and Settlements
- Colonial and Revolutionary America
About This Book
What was it like to be one of the first colonists in Jamestown in the 17th century? This title illustrates the hardships and labor of early settlers in America, depicts their battles with the Algonquians to claim land that was not theirs, and highlights such leaders as Captain John Smith.
This delightful series brings something unusual to the study of history: humor. The You Wouldn't Want to... series revels in the darker side of life in ancient times. The reader is on center stage as he or she gets a tour through life as a slave, warrior, explorer, and even a mummy! Hilarious illustrations, captions, and sidebars leave no doubt that you simply wouldn't want to be there.
Perfect resource for reluctant readers with:
• humor and history tied to curriculum
• entertaining sidebars to pique reader's curiosity
• comprehensive glossary to support content
• index to make navigating subject matter easier