Grades 3 - 5
Grade level Equivalent: 1.7
Lexile Measure®: 340L
DRA: Not Available
Guided Reading: I
- General Nonfiction
- Science Experiments and Projects
About This Book
These "Rookie Read-About Science" books introduce physical science topics in basic terms young readers can understand. Readers learn about different science tools, scientific properties, motion, gravity, and other forces they encounter everyday. All titles include simple text and full-color photographs to engage young readers.
• Simplifies complex science concepts
• Clear linkage between text and photos
• “Words You Know” clarify and define key concepts
• Index makes navigating subject matter easy
In What Is Matter, young readers learn about the different states of matter as well as the fact that they, themselves, are matter, too! Engaging photos of everyday scenes show us that matter is everywhere.