Grades K - 2
Grade level Equivalent: 1.4
Lexile® Measure: BR40L
Guided Reading: E
Type of Book: Begining Reader Book
- Oceans, Lakes, Rivers
About This Book
Did you know that the Earth is mostly water? Learn about the many ways water is used and the places it can be found.
Rookie Reader titles features full-color, often hilarious illustrations and engaging stories that always involve a young child figuring out concepts or solving problems on his or her own. The First Science: Me and My World subset focuses on a child's understanding of the earth and their role in caring for it as well as themselves to ensure that they — as well as their environment — grow to be healthy and strong. This title features two consonants that appear together in a word and retain their individual sounds when blended (crab, sleep).
- Skill-specific series promotes independent reading
- Familiar ideas, objects, actions, and vocabulary encourage language development
- Simple, short sentences and frequent word repetition support reading readiness
- "New word" lists help build reading vocabularies
- One to four lines of text per spread