Grades 6 - 8
Grade level Equivalent: 7.4
Lexile Measure®: 1040L
Guided Reading: T
- General Nonfiction
- Social Studies
- United States
About This BookThe United States is one of the world's powers and a model for democracy. Readers will learn about the country's history, people, and much more in this series book.
It's geography plus for a new generation, an invaluable resource for facts and figures, and a fascinating, highly visual introduction to the countries of the world. It's "Enchantment of the World" — the browser-friendly guide to everything middle-grade students need to know about a country's history, people and languages, economy, government, culture, natural resources, climate, religions, and much more. Featuring original maps, interactive sidebars, handy "Fast Facts," and an authoritative "To Find Out More" section complete with Internet listings, "Enchantment of the World" is also an excellent resource for world history and social studies, general reference, and independent study.
• Highly visual introduction to world geography
• Packed with photos, original maps, and browser-friendly sidebars
• Timelines compare each country’s history to world history
• "Fast Facts" appendix highlights key information from the text
• "To Find Out More" listings encourage independent research
• Index makes navigating subject matter easy