Grades 5 - 8
Grade level Equivalent: 8.2
Lexile® Measure: 790L
DRA: Not Available
Guided Reading: Not Available
- Boats and Underwater Craft
About This Book
Learn the Facts and Feel the Adventure Aboard This Doomed Ship
This unique mix of fact and fiction immerses readers in the breathtaking true story of the most famous maritime disaster in history.
• Lavishly illustrated with period photos of the ship
• Fictionalized first-person accounts put readers in the heart of the action
• Relays important facts in a fun, engaging way
• Oversized format emphasizes the massive scale of the ship
This unusual book uses a variety of media to bring the story of the Titanic to life in gripping detail. Through a combination of primary sources, fictionalized narratives, illustrations, and historical photographs, kids learn about the ship's construction, the fanfare that accompanied its launch, the tragic disaster, the aftermath, and the subsequent investigation. It's a thorough introduction to this much-studied event that will hold the attention of readers from beginning to end.