Grades 6 - 8
Grade level Equivalent: 7.8
Lexile Measure®: 970L
Guided Reading: W
- General Nonfiction
- American History
- Civil War Period and Reconstruction
- American Civil War
About This Book
This book details the events that led to General Lee's surrender to General Grant at Appomattox Court House, bringing an end to the Civil War.
Dramatic and defining moments in American history—from colonial times to the present day—come vividly to life in Cornerstones of Freedom, Second Series. A natural extension of the acclaimed original series, the second series returns its focus to the United States with more of what middle-grade teachers and students are looking for to support history, social studies, and geography curricula.
Authoritative and up-to-date, Cornerstones of Freedom, Second Series is an exceptional and indispensable resource for middle-grade readers.
• Expanded subject coverage
• Subheadings clarify what text is about
• Informative sidebars integrated with text highlight areas of interest
• Glossary words now boldfaced in text
• Comprehensive timelines
• "To Find Out More" sections and index now in every volume