Grades K - 2
Grade level Equivalent: 1.4
Lexile Measure®: 220L
Guided Reading: H
- General Fiction
About This Book- Includes a word list and word-building activities about the characters
- Features questions after the story that can be used individually or in a group setting to build critical thinking skills
Grades K-4 National Science Standards
- Life Science: III
- The characteristics of organisms
- Organisms have basic needs. Organisms can survive only in environments in which their needs can be met.
Grades K-4 National Social Studies Standards
- Individual Development & Identity: IV
- Identify and describe ways family, groups, and community influence the individual's daily life and personal choices.
- Describe personal connections to place--especially place as associated with immediate surroundings.