Grades 3 - 5
Grade level Equivalent: 4.8
Lexile Measure®: 820L
DRA: Not Available
Guided Reading: P
- General Nonfiction
- Elections and Voting
About This Book
A True Book™ — Civics subset explains important civics concepts in clear, easy-to-understand language. Each title helps young readers understand a different facet of our government and how its programs and policies work.
This book describes the many ways Americans work together to help people and to make our nation and our world a better place to live.
• Superb age-appropriate introduction to curriculum-relevant subjects
• Covers all studies, from Animals to Geography to Science
• “Words to Know” glossary clarifies subject-specific vocabulary
• “Learning More” section encourages independent study
• Index makes navigating subject matter easy