Grades PreK - 3
Grade level Equivalent: 3.4
Lexile® Measure: AD610L
Guided Reading: M
- Changes and New Experiences
- Families and Relationships
About This Book
Lolly loves to visit her Auntie Zep. But when her mother and father leave her alone with Auntie Zep for a whole month, a great sadness develops in Lolly and she can't make it go away. So Auntie Zep finds the perfect remedy for Lolly's sadness, the Great-Great-Grandmother's Secret Remedy Book. The book contains seven different remedies for Zep and Lolly to share. Together they slowly drink fresh apple juice, plant a seed, feed a wild thing, read poetry, and much more.
7 Secret Remedies:
1. Drink one glass of apple juice.
2. Plant a seed in good earth.
3. Take a walk as far as you can.
4. Feed a wild thing.
5. Write a cheerful letter to some dear soul.
6. Read in peace and quiet from a favorite book.
7. Dream of doing great things.