Grades K - 2
Grade level Equivalent: 1.2
Lexile Measure®: BR170L
Guided Reading: G
- Realistic Fiction
- Word Recognition
- Manners and Conduct
- Friends and Friendship
About This Book
What will it take for Rude Ralph to find some playmates? He could start by learning how to be polite. Then he’d make friends for sure!
Rookie Reader titles features full-color, often hilarious illustrations and engaging stories that always involve a young child figuring out concepts or solving problems on his or her own. The "My Family & Friends" subset focuses on family relationships, and understanding how we behave with our family members, as well as the differences between families. This title features words with more than one syllable (plentiful).
• Skill-specific series promotes independent reading
• Familiar ideas, objects, actions, and vocabulary encourage language development
• Simple, short sentences and frequent word repetition support reading readiness
• "New word" lists help build reading vocabularies
• One to four lines of text per spread