Grades 3 - 5
Grade level Equivalent: 4.3
Lexile® Measure: 710L
Guided Reading: N
- Colonial and Revolutionary America
- American Revolutionary War
About This Book
The birth of a country is captured in fun, accessible style with this lively book containing a wealth of historical illustrations. From the Stamp Act in 1765 to the 1783 Treaty of Paris, from Washington to Cornwallis, children get a first-rate introduction to the compelling creation of the United States. Learn about the unfair treatment by the British king and Parliament that led the American colonists to seek their independence. Discover how the Continental Army defeated the powerful British military to create the United States.
The "American History" subset introduces young readers to important symbols, documents, landmarks, and the three branches of government of the United States of America.
- Clean new design for easy readability and comprehension
- Updated text presented in a lively, continuous narrative
- New center-spead "sidebar" feature presents material in a fun, creative way
- Excellent age-appropriate introduction to curriculum-relevant subjects
- "Words to Know" glossary clarifies subject-specific vocabulary
• "Learning More" section encourages independent study
• Index makes navigating subject matter easy