Grades 6 - 8
Grade level Equivalent: 8.5
Lexile® Measure: 1150L
Guided Reading: S
- Water Cycle
- Snow, Ice, Blizzards
About This Book
Rain and snow can be good for people and the land. Rain and snow can also cause damage to buildings and crops, even injuring and killing people. This book explains how precipitation is formed and what can happen in extreme cases.
Perfectly suited for today's science curriculum, this series explores aspects of the wonders of earth science. Each book fully explains complex concepts such as erosion, the water cycle, and evaporation. The books also highlight the human side of science by discussing the techniques and lives of people who study the Earth — meteorologists, storm chasers, geologists, and more.
This book explores the various kinds of precipitation that fall on Earth.
• Maps, charts, and graphs created expressly for Watts Library™
• Sidebars highlighting fast facts, quick biographies, and other extracted information
• Timeline (in all social studies titles)
• “To Find Out More” (books, organizations, websites, films/videos, audio)
• “A Note on Sources” (a note from the author describing his or her research materials and processes)