Grades K - 2
Grade level Equivalent: 2.5
Lexile Measure®: Not Available
Guided Reading: J
Type of Book: Begining Reader Book
- General Nonfiction
- Human Body
- Food and Nutrition
About This Book
“How do I see things? Why do I have to take a bath? Why do I have to eat my vegetables?”
This nonfiction series provides young readers with answers to these commonly asked questions and more, with simple introductions to the senses, good hygiene, nutrition, exercise, and the human body.
• Satisfies national health education standard that children learn that they must have some responsibility for their own health, and that they need to engage in personal care.
• Includes index and a "Words You Know" section that pulls key words and photographs from the text to provide a quick, visual reference.
• Format includes large, color photographs; easy-to-read font; and simple interior design.
• Photographs are directly related to text.
• Simple language patterns help emergent readers master the text.