Grades K - 2
Grade level Equivalent: 2.2
Lexile Measure®: 370L
Guided Reading: E
Type of Book: Emergent Reader Book
- Pirates and Swashbucklers
- Lost and Found
- Opposites and Contrasts
About This Book
A little girl will sail across the seas to find her lost white balloon. Young readers will be introduced to words that are opposites in this rhyming Rookie Reader book. Opposites attract emergent readers in this playful reader reinforcing word recognition.
Rookie Reader titles feature full-color illustrations and engaging stories that always involve a young child figuring out concepts or solving problems on his or her own. Great for guided reading.
• Fits national reading standards by linking images to the text to provide picture clues and introduces age-appropriate vocabulary.
• This series meets the Reading First initiative.
• The repetitive language, structure, and rhyming patterns help children decipher words.
• Word lists at the back of each book help build reading vocabularies.