Grades 3 - 5
Grade level Equivalent: 4.6
Lexile Measure®: 850L
Guided Reading: O
- Civics and Government
About This Book
Taxes help pay for the government and help fund services that make life easier. Learn about the history of taxes, the different types of taxes, how taxes are spent, and what determines if taxes are useful.
Completely redesigned for today's young investigative reader, True Books are an indispensable addition to any collection. Each book guides readers through the facts that nurture their need to know.
• Superb age-appropriate introduction to curriculum-relevant subjects
• Covers all studies, from Animals to Geography to Science
• "Words to Know" glossary clarifies subject-specific vocabulary
• "Learning More" section encourages independent study
• Index makes navigating subject matter easy