Grades 6 - 8
Grade level Equivalent: 7.8
Lexile® Measure: 870L
Guided Reading: W
- American History
- Flags, Monuments, Symbols
About This Book
Learn about the events of April 19, 1995, at the Alfred P. Murrah building in Oklahoma City, including a short profile of the people responsible, and the effort put forth by citizens to build a national memorial in honor of the 168 people who lost their lives.
Dramatic and defining moments in American history — from colonial times to the present day — come vividly to life in Cornerstones of Freedom, Second Series. A natural extension of the acclaimed original series, the second series returns its focus to the United States with more of what middle-grade teachers and students are looking for to support history, social studies, and geography curricula.
Authoritative and up-to-date, Cornerstones of Freedom, Second Series is an exceptional and indispensable resource for middle-grade readers.
• Expanded subject coverage
• Subheadings clarify what text is about
• Informative sidebars integrated with text highlight areas of interest
• Glossary words now boldfaced in text
• Comprehensive time lines
• "To Find Out More" sections and index now in every volume