Grades 4 - 6
Grade level Equivalent: 5.8
Lexile® Measure: IG990L
Guided Reading: R
- Animal Behavior and Structure
- Animal Classification
- Ocean Habitats
- Fish and Marine Life
About This Book
This book describes the traits and classification of the aquatic mammals called coleoids, a subgroup of the cephalopods, with an emphasis on different kinds of octopuses, squids, and cuttlefish.
Children of all ages love animal studies, and Animals in Order fits right into the curriculum with easy-to-understand text and breathtaking wildlife photos that introduce a world of spectacular creatures. What does a bobcat have in common with a badger? Are all insects bugs? Animals in Order helps middle graders make sense of the animal kingdom by focusing on specific animal "orders" and the traits and behaviors that make them unique.
• Focuses on the traits and behaviors that make each animal order unique
• Breathtaking wildlife photos capture animals in their natural habitats
• "Words to Know" glossary clarifies key terms
• Index makes navigating subject matter easy