Grades K - 2
Grade level Equivalent: 3.7
Lexile® Measure: 680L
Guided Reading: O
- Civil Rights Movement
- African American
- Historic Figures
- Martin Luther King Day
About This Book
Martin Luther King Jr. believed that everyone should have the same rights and be treated equally. This book, from the "Rookie Read-About Holidays" series, tells about the holiday that is celebrated in his name.
- Pronunciation guides to less familiar words.
- Includes chart that explains the game of dreidel.
- Holiday books are always in demand in schools and libraries, but the controlled vocabulary of Rookie Books make them especially marketable.
- Excellent resource for classroom unit on holidays.
- Text has fewer than 400 words.
- Word list.
Grades K-4 Social Studies Standards
- People, societies, and cultures address needs and concerns in ways that are both similar and different
- Language, folktales, music, and art serve as expressions of culture
- Cultural unity and diversity can be identified within and across groups
Time, Continuity, and Change: II
- Accounts of past events, people, places, and situations contribute to our understanding of the past
Global Connections: IX
- Explore ways in which language, the arts, beliefs, etc. facilitate global understanding or lead to misunderstanding