Grades PreK - 3
Grade level Equivalent: 2.5
Lexile Measure®: 480L
Guided Reading: L
Type of Book: Read-Aloud Book
- Autobiography and Biography
- Circus, Carnivals, Fairs, Parades
- City Life
- Determination and Perseverance
- Social Studies through Literature
- Actors, Artists, Performers
About This Book
In 1974, French aerialist Phillippe Petit threw a tightrope between the two towers of the World Trade Center and spent an hour walking, dancing, and performing high-wire tricks a quarter mile in the sky.
This picture book captures the poetry and magic of the event with a poetry of its own: lyrical words and lovely paintings that present the detail, daring, and — in two dramatic foldout spreads — the drama of Petit's feat.
2004 Caldecott Medal Winner