Grades 3 - 5
Grade level Equivalent: 5.9
Lexile Measure®: 920L
Guided Reading: W
- General Nonfiction
- Fish and Marine Life
- Geography and Map Skills
About This Book- Each book has been vetted by a recognized expert in that particular field; his/her credit appears on the "About the Author" page.
- Photographs are by award-winning photographer David Hall. His pictures have appeared in various magazines including National Geographic, Audubon, Smithsonian, and Time.
- More than any other series, Undersea Encounters paints a complete picture of marine life. It is a natureal fit for 3rd-5th grade curriculums and could be used in the classroom.
- A table of contents, glossary, index, and further resources section are included in every book.
Curriculum Standards: Grades K-4 Science Standards
Life Science: Content Standard C
- An organism's patterns of behavior are related to the nature of that organism's environment.
- Each plant/animal has different structures for walking, holding, seeing, etc.
- Plants and animals have life cycles that include being born, developing into adults, reproducing, etc.
- Each plant or animal has different structures that serve different functions in growth, survival, and reproduction.