Grades 3 - 5
Grade level Equivalent: 6.2
Lexile® Measure: 1130L
Guided Reading: O
- Environmental Conservation and Preservation
- Habitats and Ecosystems
About This Book
This book discusses how human use of land and increasing population have threatened natural landscapes and describes the establishment of national parks as a means of preserving their resources.
Readers will discover their sense of adventure and explore intriguing mysteries with these True Tales. They'll discover mummies and explore the Titanic. They'll follow along as experts try to solve the mysteries of what happened to the crew of a ship found floating in the sea in 1872, and they'll learn why most of the birds on the island of Guam have mysteriously disappeared and whether or not a creature called Bigfoot really exists.
• Curriculum-based titles
• 3–4 engaging real-life stories
• Chapters are short and relate to one theme
• High-interest topics encourage independent reading
• Straightforward design includes captions and dynamic photos
• Includes a timeline and map (where appropriate)
• Includes glossary and index