Grades 3 - 5
Grade level Equivalent: 6.3
Lexile® Measure: 1040L
DRA: Not Available
Guided Reading: Not Available
- Comedy and Humor
- Friends and Friendship
About This Book
Everyone's favorite Grace is back. And this time she has a dog. Unfortunately, he's only made of cardboard and rides a skate board. Grace and her best friend Mimi are determined to prove to Grace's parents that she is responsible and dependable enough to get a real dog.
Things you learn in this book:
1. Sometimes it is okay to be sneaky if you don't get caught.
2. How to do flashlight Morse code.
3. What happened at school that was exciting: nothing.
4. How it feels to walk into your class after going to the principal's office!
5. Many other things, but most important, how to convince your parents to MAYBE let you get a dog. A real one, not one made of cardboard.
Praise for Just Grace Walks the Dog
"Perfect for the beginning chapter book readers... Everything rings true in the book." — School Library Journal