Grades 3 - 5
Grade level Equivalent: 6.6
Lexile® Measure: 930L
Guided Reading: Q
- Autobiography and Biography
- 1960s America
- The Presidency
- Historic Figures
About This Book
A thorough, illustrated biography discussing the childhood, career, family, and term of John F. Kennedy, thirty-fifth president of the United States.
- Fans of Venezia's highly praised artist biography series will be drawn to this new series.
- Author presents the lives of U.S. presidents in an entirely fresh way with his unique format-a blend of casual prose, historical reproductions, and amusing original illustrations.
- Special sales potential in historical museums and in schools to celebrate Presidents' Day.
Grades K-4 Social Studies Standards
Power, Authority, & Governance: VI
- Distinguish among local, state, and national government and identify representative leaders at these levels such as mayor, governor, and president.
Civic Ideals & Practice: X
- Identify key ideals of the United States' democratic republican form of government, such as individual human dignity, liberty, justice, equality, and the rule of law.
- Recognize that a variety of formal and informal actors influence and shape public policy.