Grades 2 - 5
Grade level Equivalent: 3.9
Lexile® Measure: 880L
Guided Reading: Q
- American History
- Boats and Underwater Craft
- Immigration and Assimilation Experiences
- Culture and Diversity
- United States
- Prejudice and Tolerance Experiences
About This Book
If your name were changed at Ellis Island:
• Would everyone in your family travel together?
• How long would you stay at Ellis Island?
• Would your name be changed?
This book tells you what it was like if when Ellis Island was opened in 1892 as a center for immigrants coming to live in America.