Grades 2 - 5
Grade level Equivalent: 3.5
Lexile Measure®: 720L
Guided Reading: Q
- Civil War Period and Reconstruction
- Industrial Revolution and Gilded Age
- Slavery, Underground Railroad, Abolition
- Courage, Bravery, Heroism
- African American
- Prejudice and Tolerance Experiences
- Helping Others
About This Book
If you traveled on the Underground Railroad:
• Where was the safest place to go?
• Would you wear a disguise?
• What would you do when you were free?
This book tells you what it was like to be a slave trying to escape to freedom on the Underground Railroad.