Grades 6 - 8
Grade level Equivalent: 7.8
Lexile Measure®: 940L
DRA: Not Available
Guided Reading: W
- General Nonfiction
- Colonial and Revolutionary America
About This Book
In 1621 the Pilgrim colonists celebrated a successful harvest with their helpful Wampanoag neighbors. This celebration has lived on in history as the first Thanksgiving.
Dramatic and defining moments in American history — from colonial times to the present day — come vividly to life in Cornerstones of Freedom, Second Series. A natural extension of the acclaimed original series, the second series returns its focus to the United States with more of what middle-grade teachers and students are looking for to support history, social studies, and geography curricula.
Authoritative and up-to-date, Cornerstones of Freedom, Second Series is an exceptional and indispensable resource for middle-grade readers.
• Expanded subject coverage
• Subheadings clarify what text is about
• Informative sidebars integrated with text highlight areas of interest
• Glossary words now boldfaced in text
• Comprehensive time lines
• "To Find Out More" sections and index now in every volume