Grades 6 - 8
Grade level Equivalent: 7.8
Lexile Measure®: 1050L
Guided Reading: T
- Autobiography and Biography
- World War II Aftermath to Today
- Political Figures and World Leaders
About This Book
This book traces the life of Cuban leader Fidel Castro. It explores how he grew up and how he developed the political ideas that made him Cuba's controversial leader.
"Great Life Stories" explores the lives of some of the world's most interesting people. Each title introduces the reader to the personal hopes and struggles as well as the professional successes and setbacks of its chosen subject. At more than 100 pages, these books are perfect for middle school reading assignments and book reports. Also included is information about the history of the times in which the subjects lived, providing the necessary historical context needed to fully understand these important figures, making each title great supplemental reading for U.S. and world history courses. Informative sidebars, a comparative timeline, and a "To Find Out More" section provide additional historical connections.
• Source notes describe the author's research materials and processes
• 100+ page biographies
• Information about the history of the times in which each subject lived is included
• Sidebars, a comparative timeline, and a "To Find Out More" section are included