Grades 6 - 8
Grade level Equivalent: 7.8
Lexile® Measure: 1030L
Guided Reading: W
- Police and Law Enforcement
- Jobs, Careers, Work
- Violence and Crime
About This Book
Founded in 1908, the FBI is the investigative arm of the United States Department of Justice, the chief law enforcement branch of the U.S. government. The modern FBI investigates crimes ranging from espionage to organized drug smuggling to the September 11th terrorist attacks. Includes requirements for a career as an FBI agent.
Dramatic and defining moments in American history — from colonial times to the present day — come vividly to life in Cornerstones of Freedom, Second Series. A natural extension of the acclaimed original series, the second series returns its focus to the United States with more of what middle-grade teachers and students are looking for to support history, social studies, and geography curricula.
Authoritative and up-to-date, Cornerstones of Freedom, Second Series is an exceptional and indispensable resource for middle-grade readers.
• Expanded subject coverage
• Subheadings clarify what text is about
• Informative sidebars integrated with text highlight areas of interest
• Glossary words now boldfaced in text
• Comprehensive time lines
• "To Find Out More" sections and index now in every volume