Grades 3 - 5
Grade level Equivalent: 3.7
Lexile Measure®: 650L
Guided Reading: Q
- Early Exploration and Settlements
- Exploration and Discovery
About This Book
In this book, readers will learn about the challenges faced by important explorers like Christopher Columbus, James Cook, Leif Erikson, Hernan Cortés, Lewis and Clark, and Barbara Washburn.
The "American History" subset introduces young readers to important symbols, documents, landmarks, and the three branches of government of the United States of America.
• Clean new design for easy readability and comprehension
• Updated text presented in a lively, continuous narrative
• New center-spead "sidebar" feature presents material in a fun, creative way
• Excellent age-appropriate introduction to curriculum-relevant subjects
• "Words to Know" glossary clarifies subject-specific vocabulary
• "Learning More" section encourages independent study
• Index makes navigating subject matter easy