Grades K - 2
Grade level Equivalent: 4.8
Lexile® Measure: 820L
Guided Reading: M
- Environmental Conservation and Preservation
- Earth Day
About This Book
Earth Day is a day that people around the world set aside to honor our planet. This book discusses the growing problem of pollution on Earth that led to the establishment of Earth Day in 1970. It explains how Earth Day is now celebrated every year with community clean-ups, speeches, marches, and classes about caring for the environment.
The book also explains why it is so important to keep our planet clean and what kids can do to help, including recycling, using recycled products, picking up litter, planting trees, being careful not to waste water, riding bicycles, and carpooling.
• Superb age-appropriate introduction to curriculum-relevant subjects
• Covers all studies, from Animals to Geography to Science
• "Words to Know" glossary clarifies subject-specific vocabulary
• "Learning More" section encourages independent study
• Index makes navigating subject matter easy