Grades 3 - 5
Grade level Equivalent: 4.9
Lexile® Measure: 920L
Guided Reading: R
- Cities and States
- Geography and Map Skills
- United States
About This Book
Thirteen stripes-Fifty stars-
And hundreds of AMAZING facts about the U.S.A.!
Each state boasts a claim to fame. Davis highlights distinctive facts about states through quizzes, fun questions, and riddles. Eye-catching and humorous full-color vignettes illustrate key points about each state.
Can you guess the names of the ten states below?
- I have the highest waterfalls in North America.
- I am the smallest state.
- I am the largest state.
- I have produced the most presidents of the United States.
- I was the first to become a state.
- I was the last to become a state.
- I have the "Gateway to America."
- I have the most kids under age ten.
- I have the most tornadoes.
- I am home to America's most popular vacation spot