Grades 1 - 2
Grade level Equivalent: Not Available
Lexile Measure®: 560L
DRA: Not Available
Guided Reading: Not Available
- General Nonfiction
- United States
About This Book- Includes pronunciation guides.
- "Words You Know" section reinforces the text.
- Individual map of Delaware helps readers locate the regions discussed in the book.
- Photographs are directly related to the text.
- Ideal to take when visiting this state to turn vacation into a learning experience.
- High interest topic introduces early readers to basic geographic facts.
Grades K-4 National Social Studies Standards
- Culture: I
- People, societies, and cultures address needs and concerns in ways that are both similar and different
- Cultural unity and diversity can be identified within and across groups
- Time, Continuity, and Change: II
- Accounts of past events, people, places, and situations contribute to our understanding of the past
- People, Places, and Environments: III
- Locate and distinguish among various landforms such as mountains, plateaus, islands, and ocean